Logo of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta was first used in 1981, after institution inaugurated. Based on the UMS Statute, there are three main components that become UMS logo that is, pentagon framed shaped petals, in it written Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta, picture of rice and cotton and symbol of Muhammadiyah, with dark blue base color. The meaning of the logo is,
- Pentagon mean pproduce an academic / professional human is Islamic minded, useful for society, nation and state
- The writing of the Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta, as the logo identity.
- The image of rice and cotton symbolizes that the Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta provides benefits for the welfare of the nation and state.
- The picture of rice is 18 buds, while cotton 11 buds, symbolizing the birth of Muhammadiyah, dated 18 November 1912
- The symbol of Muhammadiyah has the meaning that UMS has the vision and mission of Muhammadiyah organization.
- Logo of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta is dark blue base.
Over time the usage of UMS logo became more varied, so re-made the logo in four versions, with the following usage guides:
Please download the following Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta Logos,