Meaning of Symbol
The symbol of the Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta was first used in 1981, after the inauguration of the university. Based on the UMS Statute, there are three main components that become the UMS symbol, namely, a five-framed triangle in the shape of a flower petal, in which the writing of the Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta, pictures of rice and cotton and Muhammadiyah symbols, with dark blue base color. The meaning of the symbol is,
- Five aspects: forming academic / professional persons with Islamic spirit, useful for society, nation and state.
- The writing of the Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta, as the identity of the symbol.
- Images of rice and cotton pictures symbolize that the Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta provides benefits for the welfare of the nation and state.
- The picture of rice has 18 buds, while the cotton is 11 buds, symbolizing the birth of Muhammadiyah, on November 18, 1912.
- The Muhammadiyah symbol means that UMS carries out the vision and mission of the Muhammadiyah Association.
- The symbol of the Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta has a dark blue base color.