”Wacana Keilmuan dan Keislaman” which means to cultivate a personality that is master of science, technology, and art, to dedicate sincerely to Allah and to benefit others.
The vision of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta in 2029 became the center of education and development of the Islamic science and technology that gives direction for changes
Mission of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta carrying out two main missions, as follows:
- Develop science, technology and art as part of worship to Allah (integrated) that gives impact to the realization of the main society.
- developing human resources based on Islamic values and giving direction to change in order to realize the main society.
- Becoming an excellent university in science, technology and art.
- Produce qualified graduates who practice Islamic values
- Become a sustainable university with good governance.
- Strengthening the reputation of UMS at the national and international level.
- Accelerated performance in research, community service, and scientific publications based on the needs of stakeholders.
- Pioneering Islamic education is progressive.
- Stabilization of asset management.
- Institutional structuring and staffing.
- IT optimization for institutional management.
- Strengthening financing structure, transparency and accountability of financial governance.